By Bhante Sumitta |
Emotional Management through Buddhism | Ven. Suvanna Purnajan | Ep. #78
Special Dhamma Talk Series | Ep. #78
This Weekly Special Dhamma Talk series is conducted by renowned Buddhist monk from around the world and it is aimed at helping Dhamma USA community to expand their Dhamma knowledge. Join us every Sunday at PT /PDT 6:00 AM | EST 9:00 AM | China Time & SST: 10:00 PM | IST: 6:30 PM | ICT & WIB: 8:00 PM | MMT/GMT+5:00 – 07:30 PM
This Weekly Dhamma Talk Series is conducted by renowned Buddhist nun from around the world and it is dedicated to help our Dhamma USA community to expand their understanding of the Buddha Dhamma. These online sessions are held on every Sunday at 6:00 AM (PDT), 9:00 AM (EST), 6:30 PM (IST), 7:30 PM (MMT) through Dhamma USA YouTube Channel & other social media platforms. All free of cost. Please mark your calendar today to be more benefited through this precious Dhamma sharing sessions.
Ep. #78 | November 19, 2023
Special Dhamma Talk Series | Ep. #78
Topic: Emotional Management through Buddhism
Speaker: Ven. Suvanna Purnajan
Day: Sunday, November 19, 2023
Time: PT/PDT 6:00 AM | EST 9:00 AM | China Time & SST: 10:00 PM | IST: 6:30 PM | ICT & WIB: 8:00 PM | MMT/GMT+5:00 – 07:30 PM
Host: Poonam Sood / Thinuri Fernando / Yudi Ortega / Selviana / Archana / Eranda
Watch Live: Dhamma USA YouTube Channel & Dhamma USA Social Media Platforms
Ven. Suvanna Purnajan
Brief Resume of Rev. Suvanna Purnajan
|Spiritual Counselor & Dhamma Teacher|
|CURRICULUM VITAE |
Rev. Purnajan Maharjan (Nepalaye Suwanna)
Mindfulness Meditation Center,
1023 N Glendora Ave, Covina, CA 91724
Tel. +1-857-919-8455/ +977-9844057787
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-2022 Buddhist Ministry Initiative International Fellowship at Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University
2019-2020 Masters in Buddhist Counseling with distinction at the University of Hong Kong.
2015-2016 Masters in Buddhist Ayurvedic Counseling at Post Graduate Institute of Pali & Buddhist Studies, the University of Kelaniya.
2009-2014 B.A.(Hons) Special Degree in Pali with – 2nd Upper Class at the University of Peradeniya.
2005 Intermediate Level of Oriental Language Studies in Pali, Sanskrit and Sinhala (Prachina- Madhyama), Ministry of Education, Sri Lanka.
2000-2007 8 Years of Theravada Buddhist Monastic Education at Vidyodaya Pirivena, Colombo-10, Sri Lanka
EXTRA PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Certificate Course in Drug Counseling at National Dangerous Drugs Control Board, Colombo. (2016)
• MBCT; Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy at Samutthana; Kings College London Centre for Trauma, Displacement & Mental Health, Nawala. (2016)
• Diploma in Counseling Psychology at IPMS, Institute of Psychology and Management Studies, Kandy. (2013)
• Certificate Course in Counseling Psychology at Nivahana Society, General Hospital of Kandy. (2012)
• Buddhist Ministry Initiative International Fellowship in 2021-2022 by Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University.
• MaMa Charity Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship for Buddhist Counseling in 2019 by the Center of Buddhist Studies, The University of Hong Kong.
• Glorious Sun Group Postgraduate Scholarship in Buddhist Studies in 2019 by the Center of Buddhist Studies, The University of Hong Kong.
• Morontuduwe Sri Dhammananda Scholarship for Pali studies in 2009 by Department of Buddhist & Pali Studies, The University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
• Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship in 2008 by Ministry of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
• Spiritual Dhamma Teacher and Buddhist Chaplain at Mindfulness Meditation Center, Covina since July, 2022.
• Voluntary Project Coordinator and language interpreter (English-Sinhala) in many rural regional social welfare projects, conducted by Sri Siddhartha Foundation since 2011
• Assistant lecturer in Pali and Buddhist Studies for Masters in Applied Buddhism at Lotus Research Center, Patan, Nepal (2021)
• Spiritual Dharma Instructor at Karuna Buddhist Center, Matatirtha, Kathmandu, Nepal (Feb,2020-July,2021)
• Vice Secretary for 2 years (2015-2017) and General Secretary for 2 years (2017-2019 at Nepalese Buddhist Students’ Association in Sri Lanka.
• Spiritual Dhamma Instructor for a period of five years at Sri Dharmapalarama Vihara Buddhist Temple, Mt.Lavinia, Sri Lanka. (2015-2019)
• Spiritual Dhamma speaker at the Religious and Doctrinal Studies Unit of Kandy Youth Member of Buddhist Association (YMBA) for 5 years (2010-2014)
• Trainee counselor for a period of four months at Mental Health Care Unit of Kandy General Hospital. (2013)
• Conducted a series of psychological workshops for mental health and spiritual development in many different religious and educational institutes in Sri Lanka, Nepal and United States (2011- 2022)
▪ Languages skills:- written and spoken fluently in English, Sinhala and Nepali. And also can work in Hindi and Newari (Sino-Tibetan).
Well versed in Pali and Sanskrit in addition.
Click here for the previous Dhamma Talks of this series.
Ep. #78 Details:
November 19, 2023 (Sunday)
6:00 am (Pacific Time)
9:00 am (Eastern Standard Time)
6:30 pm (Indian Standard Time – Sri Lanka & India)
7:30 pm (MMT – Myanmar)
Platform to Join:
Dhamma USA YouTube Channel
Dhamma USA Facebook Page
For More Info:
email Dhamma USA | email@example.com
Here are the links to the Previous Dhamma Talks:
- Week 10 | Broadening & Narrowing Mental States | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 9 | Broadening & Narrowing Mental States | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 8 | Appamāda (Diligence) in Buddhism | Venerable Gallelle Sumanasiri (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 7 | Buddhism for a Flourishing Life | Venerable P Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka)
- Week 6 | Buddhists for You | Venerable Dr. Mirisse Dhammika (Sri Lanka)
- Week 5 | Mettā (Loving Kindness) | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 4 | How Cycle of Rebirth Happens & How to Get out of It? | Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 3 | What Are Four Refuges? | by Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 2 | What is Noble Eightfold Path? | by Venerable Watagoda Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 1 | 4 Iddhipada | Special Dhamma Talk Series by Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |