This Weekly Special Dhamma Talk series is conducted by renowned Buddhist monks from around the world and it is aimed at helping Dhamma USA community to expand their Dhamma knowledge. Join us every Sunday at 7:30 AM PST/10:30 AM EST.
This Weekly Dhamma Talk Series is conducted by renowned Buddhist monks from around the world and it is dedicated to help our Dhamma USA community to expand their understanding of the Buddha Dhamma. This online sessions are held on every Sunday at 7:30 AM (PST), 10:30 AM (EST), through Dhamma USA YouTube Channel & other social media platforms. All free of cost. Please mark your calendar today to be more benefited through this precious Dhamma sharing sessions.
Week 25 | October 9, 2022
Special Dhamma Talk Series | Week 25
Topic: Positive Attitudes in Difficult Situations
Speaker: Venerable Dr. Varabuddhi
Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
Time: PST 7:30 AM | EST 10:30 PM | China Time & SST: 12:30 PM | IST: 9:30 PM | ICT & WIB: 11:00 PM
Host: Poonam Sood / Thinuri FernandoDhamma USA YouTube Channel
Venerable Dr. Varabuddhi
Ven. Dr. Varabuddhi is the current chief monk of Mahamuni Theravada Buddhist Monastery, (MTBM)Minnesota, USA.
He is originally from Western Myanmar, Rakhine State. After ordaining at age 12, he received his primary monastic education at his native village monastery and went to Paññā Pāramī Pāli Institute , Ponnagyun for a higher monastic education.
At the age of 20, he recieved higher ordination “upasampada” at Danyawady Missionary Monastery, in Rangoon, Myanmar.
With the completion of basic monastic training, he went to Thailand and Sri Lanka and he pursued his higher education from modern universities and earned following degrees:-
- Bachelor of Arts ,English Major, from the Faculty of Humanities,Mahachulalongkornrajavidayalaya University, Chaing Mai Campus , Thailand
- Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies, from Postgraduate Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Master of Arts in Buddhist studies, from Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
- Postgraduate Diploma , in buddhist studies , Buddhist Ayurvedic Psychiatry and Counselling from Nāgānanda International Institute for Buddhist Studies, Manelwatta, Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Doctor of Philosophy in Buddhist Studies, from Postgraduate Pali and Buddhist Studies , University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
Currently venerable is serving as a principal monk and President of MTBS of Minnesota , USA and also one of implementation committee members of Buddhist University of Arakan (BUA) located in Sittwe, Rakhine State, Myanmar.
Join us through Dhamma USA YouTube Channel & other social media platforms to learn more Dhamma in depth.
Click here for the previous Dhamma Talks of this series.
Week 25 Details:
October 9, 2022 (Sunday)
7:30 am (Pacific Time)
10:30 am (Eastern Standard Time)
8:00 pm (Indian Standard Time – Sri Lanka & India)
Platform to Join:
Dhamma USA YouTube Channel
Dhamma USA Facebook Page
IIT YouTube Channel
IIT Facebook Page
For More Info:
email Dhamma USA | email@example.com
Here are the links to the Dhamma Talks by IIT
- Week 9 | Broadening & Narrowing Mental States | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 7 | Buddhist Teachings for a Flourishing Life | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 5 | Mettā (Loving Kindness) | Venerable Palmadulle Vijitanandabhivamsa (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 4 | How Cycle of Rebirth Happens & How to Get out of It? | Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 3 | What Are Four Refuges? | by Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 2 | What is Noble Eightfold Path? | by Venerable Watagoda Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |
- Week 1 | 4 Iddhipada | Special Dhamma Talk Series by Venerable Maggavihari (Sri Lanka) |